Education in business (Degrees)
2006 Doctor of Business and Economics (Entrepreneurship) University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
2001 Licentiate of Business and Economics (Entrepreneurship) University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
1999 Master of Business and Economics (Entrepreneurship) University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
1997 Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing) Mikkeli Polytechnic, Finland.
Education in adult education (Degrees)
2012 Doctor of Education. University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu.
2004 Master of Education. University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
Pedagogical education (Diplomas)
2006 “English as Tool for teaching” – training for teachers, Professional Specialisation Studies of 30 ECTS, University of Applied Sciences, Teacher Education College, Finland.
2005 Teacher’s pedagogical qualification (Statute 356/2003/60 ECTS), Jyväskylä Polytechnic, Teacher Education College Finland. Professional status: certified teacher in Finland.
Finnish mother tongue
English very good
Description of the working positions (in two last organisations)
01.01.2018 ➔ to present Head of Internatinal Affairs, South Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Xamk).
2016 – 2018 Director of Education. South Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Xamk), Business Department, Mikkeli.
2012 – 2016 Director of Education. Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences (MUAS), Business Department.
2006 – 2011 Head of Business Management Programme (international, BBA). Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences (MUAS).
2003 – 2011 Principal Lecturer of Entrepreneurship. Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences (MUAS), Business Department.
Teaching experience in English
2006 – 2011 Various courses related entrepreneurship, management and research methods in Business Management programme. Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences
2004 – 2009 Exchange teacher of International Business Programme. Entrepreneurship course (3 ECTS), once a year. Karel de Grote Hogeschool, Belgium, Antwerp
2000 – 2003 Lecturer of Entrepreneurship in an international nursing education Programme (3 ECTS; once a year). Mikkeli Polytechnic, School of Social and Health Services.
Invited guest speaker
- Creativity workshop and seminar for academics and entrepreneurs. Tatung University, Taipei, Taiwan, 14-15.Dec. 2008
- Int. Symposium on innovation and Entrepreneurship Education. Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. 15-20. Oct. 2009.
- BioInno/ International Entrepreneurship seminar, Viterbo, Italy. 17-19. Sept. 2014.
- Best paper of the conference: Kakkonen, M-L. 2011. Comparison of self-perceived entrepreneurial characteristics and competences of business students in the beginning and the end of their studies. Advances in Business-Related Scientific Research conference (ABSCR 2011), June 11-13. Venice, Italy.
- Best poster of the conference: Kakkonen, M-L. 2014. “Study of learning to live with changes”. 2nd International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The Institute for Knowledge and Innovation, Southeast Asia (IKI-SEA), Bangkok University, Thailand, 6-7 February 2014.
- Knight of the Order of the Lion of Finland / Suomen Leijonan Ritarikunnan Ritarimerkki 6.12.2015.